When you first start looking at Jacksonville, Florida apartments, you may be confused by some of the terminology. There are quite a few different styles of apartments out there. By educating yourself about the different types of apartments that are available, you can decide which option is the best choice for your needs. Here are five different types of apartments that you may run into during your search:
1. Studio apartments. These apartments essentially have one large room that contains your kitchen, living area, and bedroom with no walls separating the spaces. They do, however, have a separate bathroom that is closed off from the rest of the area.
2. Loft apartments. Like studio apartments, lofts are usually made up of an open space that includes the living room, kitchen, and sleeping area. There are a few key differences, however. Lofts sometimes have walls that help to divide the space. They also usually are found in commercial buildings that have been converted into apartments. As a result, they usually have industrial characteristics such as exposed beams, brick walls, or visible heating ducts.
3. One, two, three, or four-bedroom apartments. Standard apartments are usually listed based on the number of bedrooms that they have. One-bedroom apartments, for instance, have a single bedroom. While it is possible to find apartments that have more than four bedrooms, four is usually the maximum at most apartment complexes.
4. Basement apartments. As you might guess, these apartments are located in the basement. That doesn’t necessarily mean, however, that they are dark and gloomy. Many basement apartments have windows that allow light in. They also often have separate entrances, making them a good option if you like extra privacy. Additionally, because you don’t have any neighbors underneath you, you don’t have to worry about being quiet when you walk around.
5. Duplex apartments. These apartments have two floors, with a staircase connecting the separate levels. For instance, they may have a kitchen and living room on the lower floor with a bedroom and bathroom on the upper floor. The term duplex can also be used to refer to a house that has two distinct living areas for separate families.
These are some of the most common types of apartments that are available in Jacksonville, Florida. When trying to decide which style is right for you, think about how much privacy you need, how much space you require, the overall aesthetic that you want your space to have, and whether you want to live on a single floor or in a multistory apartment.